We support young people whilst they are at school and when they attend a school sixth form placement. This support aims to meet the needs of individual students and their families/carers and can include:
- The provision of detailed information about a student’s individual needs to the next education or training provider
- Providing information, advice ,training and liaising with the next education or training provider as required
- In partnership with the students, the creation of a student profile which can be used in Further or Higher Education and in employment
- Working with the student to support life skills and employment skills
- Contribution to assessment of needs which may be drawn up by other agencies when a young person leaves school
- Other support which may be identified by the pupil, family, carer or school
When a young person moves to a different educational setting such as college or university, we liaise with those settings. The Sensory Support Service might provide training to local FE colleges or universities if they wish to purchase it. This support to students and families complements and is in addition to that offered by Careers Advice.