Click on the images below and you will be directed to your unitary authority local offer where you can see what might be on in your local area:
Most CYP with SI attend their local mainstream educational setting, however some children attend their local specials schools or specialist provision for SI. CYP attending specialist provision do require an EHCP.
Specialist settings for deaf/hearing impaired pupils
There is currently one special school for the deaf, five primary and two secondary resource bases across the 4 local authorities:
- New Oak Deaf Learning Base at Oasis Academy New Oak in Hengrove for children aged from 4 to 11 years.
- Henbury Court Resource Base in Henbury for children aged from 3 to 11 years.
- Fairfield High School in Horfield for children aged from 11 to 16.
- Elmfield School for Deaf Children based in both in Westbury on Trym (3-11) and in Horfield (11-16).
- WASPS HIRB based in Westone and All Saints Primary School based in Weston, Bath for children aged from 4 to 11
- South Gloucestershire
- Woodlands Resource Base based at Woodlands Primry and Nursery School, Yate for children aged 3 to 11
- Yate Resource Base at Yate Academy for children aged from 11 to 16.
- North Somerset
- Mendip Green Resource Base based at Mendip Green School in Worle for children aged from 4 to 11.
Specialist settings for pupils with vision impairment
- Emersons Green Primary School – resource base provision in South Glos for pupils with vision or physical impairment with ages from 4 to 11 years
- Fairfield High School – resource base in Bristol for pupils with vision impairment from Bristol and neighbouring LAs from the ages of 11 to 16 years.